Mobile App Frequently Asked Questions
I am an existing Mobile App user. Can I use my current credentials to log in to the new Capricorn Private Wealth (CPW) Mobile App?
No, the new CPW Mobile Banking App requires you to download it from your App Store and then register as a user.
To register on the new CPW Mobile App, ensure you have the following:
- Your Account number
- Your active bank card and PIN
- Valid email address.
I am already a CPW Mobile App user. Why do I have to register on the new App again?
The new CPW Mobile App is a new, innovative banking solution. It follows a new registration process which also requires a valid email address.
How do I access/download the App?
Download the new CPW Mobile App from your App Store and Google Play Store.
How do I know if my device is compatible with the new CPW Mobile App?
The App is compatible with the following minimum versions:
- Apple iOS version 10
- Android Version 8.
How do I register?
Download and launch the App from your App Store. After opening the App, the on-screen prompts will appear as follows:
- Enter your account number linked to an active bank card
- Select the card you want to validate with your card PIN
- Enter a valid email address
- Create a password that meets the prescribed criteria
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- Log in with your password
- Enable/Disable biometrics (Fingerprint and Face), if your device supports it.
I am unable to register. What could the reason be?
The following may be the reason for your registration challenge:
- Error received after I captured my account number: No active card linked to the account number captured.
- Username is already taken: You are already registered on the new App with your email address. Therefore you should select the login option.
Can I use my business account to register for the App?
No. The new CPW App currently only caters for personal banking.
Where do I find the main menu?
Click on the (LOGO) floating action button with the CPW logo to access the main menu for the App. This would allow you to add new Private and Public Beneficiaries, access settings to enable/disable biometrics afterwards, manage your Transaction limits and much more.
I don’t see my EasyWallet beneficiaries I loaded on my old App.
- EasyWallet beneficiaries are not transferred to the new App.
- We have made it quicker to send money with EasyWallet with the new CPW App. There is no need to create a beneficiary first to send them money.
- The next App update, which will follow shortly, includes the full beneficiary management functions.
Why does my main transactional account not display first?
The accounts are displayed in order of the activity on the accounts. The account with the highest activity will display on top. As soon as you start transacting on your main transactional account, it will move to the top. Activity includes any financial transaction such as payments or transfers.
Can I register for the new App if I don’t have an account with a card?
At the moment, you can only register for the App with a card and pin. If you do not have an account with a card linked, you will not be able to register on the new CPW Mobile App.
Can I login to my profile on other devices?
Yes. You can log into the new CPW Mobile App from any device using your original credentials.
Can I use biometrics to login?
Yes. Devices that support biometrics enables logging into the new CPW Mobile App with fingerprint identification or facial recognition.
What happens if I change my mobile phone number?
- The CPW Mobile App is linked to the device on which it is installed. If you change your handset, you will need to re-install the App and register again.
- If you change your handset, you will need to re-install the App and log in again with your existing credentials.
On how many different devices can I register the new CPW Mobile App?
You can register up to 5 devices on your profile.
What should I do if I forget my password?
- On the landing page of the new CPW Mobile App, swipe up for the username, and password login option, where you will find the “forgot password” option.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to reset your password.
- #Tip: Enable biometric login to remove the need for remembering a password.
How do I enable biometric login for the App?
During the registration process, the system will prompt you to enable biometric login. If you skipped this step, you can always go to the Settings function via the menu on your App and enable it.
Why isn’t biometric login working for me?
- Your smartphone version might not be compatible with biometric features.
- The biometric login feature is available only on smartphones that support Biometric Authentication and/or Touch ID, such as Android devices running Android Version 8 or above and Apple devices running iOS 6.0 or above.
What happens if my phone is stolen? Will someone be able to access my accounts?
- No, your sign-in details are required to access the App.
- If your phone is stolen, contact us immediately to deregister your device.
What is the Switch Accounts icon for, and what does it do?
- This (LOGO) is the Switch Accounts icon which you can select on the login page.
- The new CPW Mobile App allows multiple profiles registrations on one device.
- Selecting the Switch Accounts icon option will take you back to the registration process.
- Follow this process again to register a new user profile. Alternatively, if you selected it by accident, choose the login option.
Why do my cards load when I make a Once-off payment or load a beneficiary?
You need to authorise the payment/change you make by selecting a card and verifying with the card pin.
Why do I not have the ability to add a description to Value Added Service (VAS) beneficiaries (e.g. Airtime, Electricity or DSTV) payments?
The ability to add a description to each VAS beneficiary payment will be coming soon in one of the updates.